Wedding Neuschwanstein Castle – Hochenschwangau
Neuschwanstein castle is located in the Bavarian Alps. Approx one and a half hour drive from Munich by car it sits on top of the hill overlooking the picturesque valley of Hohenschwangau.
The castle was built by King Ludwig II of Bavaria and construction started in 1869. The castle was never completed and only partially finished before his death. Had it been completed, the palace would have had more than 200 interior rooms, including premises for guests and servants as well as for service and logistics. The King was a devotee of the composer Richard Wagner and the castle was named after a character in one of his operas “The Swan Knight”. The Neuschwanstein castle was also the model for Disney’s Cinderella castle.
There are no weddings allowed directly in the castle of Neuschwanstein.
Wedding Neuschwanstein castle – Hohenschwangau
All our wedding packages are custom arranged to fit your guest count and wishes for your special day. Base coordination and consultation fee include the arrangement of services requested and location and vendor research, as well as restaurant reservations for smaller events. It doesn’t include the coordination of larger receptions including research and menu planning or events or activities scheduled the day before or after the actual wedding day. Services or locations that have to be researched in addition will have a 15% coordination fee added to the base cost plus travel fee if applicable. As of 2017, we are not invoicing services that are not directly provided by us to save customers money on currency conversion and associated fees.
To book any date or pre-consultation and coordination a non-refundable pre-coordination fee of $1020 will be invoiced to book our services. This fee covers the hold the date, all pre-work to be done, vendor research, email and phone consultations until the final package is agreed on. It also includes administrative fees, handling contracts with vendors, hotel reservations and coordinating payment options to vendors. An additional € 400.00 is payable directly to the coordinator in cash the day of the wedding for the day of the event coordination. This fee may be higher depending on your wishes, booked services and size of your event.
Create your own wedding package:
- Officiant service/free speaker to conduct the ceremony with customized reading in English or German with translation starting at €300.00
- Professional digital photo package with 2 hours of service and copyright release for private use starting at €1000.00
- Romantic horse and carriage ride through the Hohenschwangau valley with a photo shoot at castle Neuschwanstein or Hohenschwangau starting at €400.00
- Bridal bouquet with fresh flowers and boutonniere for the groom starting at €130.00
- Bridal hair and makeup service at your hotel starting at €250.00
- Wedding cake starting at €130.00
- Decorated wedding arch starting at €400.00
- Toast with sparkling wine starting at €30 (estimated for 2 to 5 people)
- Traditional Bavarian music “Blasmusik” or Alphorns starting at €300.00
- Location rental fee may be required depending on ceremony location and guest count and starting at €300.00
All pricing above is in the local currency € Euro and includes applicable fees if paid directly to the vendor or paid in cash the day of the wedding to the coordinator. Often deposit payments are requested by vendors upon booking. In this case, payments have to be made to the vendor via bank transfer, cash or credit card with exception of American Express which will not be widely accepted in Germany.
If we or your coordinator in Germany has to collect payments via credit card on behalf of you an additional 20% fee will apply to cover costs involved with money transfers, conversion rates or other applicable fees involved with such transactions.
We offer many additional services that can be added to your wedding package. Please inquire for pricing. Some examples are:
- Romantic candle light dinner at a local restaurant.
- The arrangement of activities the day before or after the wedding.
- Wedding favors, table decorations, and fresh flower arrangements.
- Full reception coordination.
- Live Band, DJ and other musicians and artists.
- Typical Bavarian wood cutting ceremony.
- Helium balloons.
- Custom made gingerbread hearts, beer steins and other guests gifts.
- Attendant bouquets and boutonnieres and corsages.
- Transportation including limousine services and bus shuttles.
- Special event tickets (Munich Opera or other events)
- Castle visitations for guests (Neuschwanstein or Hohenschwangau)
- Traditional Bavarian wedding breakfast.
We will be happy to customize your wedding package. Please contact us for more details.
Impressions from a past wedding coordinated by us at Neuschwanstein castle: Click here